* Can generate all-quadrilateral, quad/tri mixed, triangular, or rect/tri mixed mesh.
* Can generate non-structured mesh and structured mesh/grid.
* Can generate uniform size mesh and non-uniform size mesh.
* Can generate mesh with hard points and hard lines.
* Can optimize the mesh quality, cleanup mesh topology and minimize the half-bandwidth.
* Can decompose the region into sub-region automatically.
* Algorithms include Looping, Sub-mapping, Tri2Quad, Paving, Mapping, Grid-Based, Advance Front.
* Fast mesh generation. Can generate 10,000 quad elements in 1 second.
FEM and FVM have been widely used in engineering analysis. An important step for these numerical methods is to discretize the analytical models, i.e., mesh/grid generation. Quadrilateral or triangular mesh can be used for 2-D problems. However, quadrilateral mesh is usually preferred because the quadrilateral mesh is superior to the triangular mesh in the solution accuracy and convergence.
The technique of quadrilateral and triangular mesh generation is very mature now. Although the open source code for triangular mesh generation can be easily found on the Internet, the robust source code for the quadrilateral mesh generation is very rare. This is because, the algorithm for quadrilateral mesh generation is quite complex as compared with triangular mesh generation.
AUTOMESH-2D was initially developed for the mesh generation of our metal forming FE software. With continuous improvement in the past 10 years, it has been used in many fields, such as flood analysis, structural analysis, mechanical analysis, geological analysis and electromagnetic analysis.
If you need quadrilateral mesh generator in your FEM software, please contact us. We can also adapt AUTOMESH-2D for your special requirements and help integrate it into your software.
Except for AUTOMESH-2D, we have also developed 3-D surface quadrilateral mesh generator, tetrahedral mesh generator and hexahedral generator. We can cooperate with the user to develop the mesh generation program and other FEM program. If you want to try, consult and purchase AUTOMESH-2D or cooperate with us to develop mesh generation program, please contact us. (Contact Dr. Xinwu Ma, E-mail: email@example.com )